How to Test Drive a Car
Drivers looking to get behind the wheel of a new-to-them vehicle have a lot of difficult decisions to make. However, once you narrow down your choices to the final few vehicles, oftentimes the deciding factor of which model is right for you comes down to how a vehicle performs in a test drive. Here are a few tips and tricks we’ve put together to help you get the most out of test driving your next vehicle.
- Check out the Interior! Is there enough headroom/legroom for the driver? And room for passengers and cargo? If you have growing teenagers, it’s a good idea to err on the side of more spacious. And if you have a family of six, know that a five-seater sedan or SUV isn’t going to cut it.
- Try out all of the tech. Make sure everything works and you know how to use it, like the backup camera, navigation system, climate control, Bluetooth, etc.
- Look out for any leaks or strange noises during your test drive. Especially when test driving a previously owned vehicle, be sure to check under the hood to make sure everything is running smoothly and as it should.
- Test the acceleration and braking. This is a good way to get used to how responsive a vehicle is, as well as how sensitive its brakes are to see if it suits your driving.
- Drive as you normally would. If you travel a lot on highways, be sure to take your potential vehicle there for a test drive. Likewise, if you drive through the city, take it there as well! You want to know how driving will feel on a day-to-day basis in your new vehicle.
[Read more: Horsepower vs Torque]
Schedule a Test Drive in Midlothian, VA
If you’re ready to get behind the wheel of one of the luxury models on our lot here at Ultimate Motors, give us a call or contact us online! We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment whenever it’s convenient for you.
All you need to do to get started is take a minute to browse our inventory to see if there’s a model that you like, and let us know if you’re interested in taking it out for a spin! We look forward to hearing from you!